Social and Emotional Learning Through Yoga and Mindfulness: Connection, Compassion and Creativity
In this training, we will build on the foundation established in Level 1 to deepen and enhance your understanding of student’s social and emotional needs, and how you can teach in a way that honors their unique development. We will continue to explore the physical, emotional, and social aspects of youth development and refine our skills in teaching for various stages and ages. We will spend time learning more about classroom and behavior management, with a focus on how to handle challenging behavior mindfully and effectively.
Deepen Your Understanding and Build Community
Through discussion, lectures, collaborative assignments, and practice teaching, we will:
- Learn mindfulness and meditation practices that enhance students’ capacity for emotional regulation, focus, and good decision making
- Discuss behavior management strategies that support relationship building and engaged learning
- Explore and practice compassionate communication strategies
- Learn how to use art and journaling to enhance your teaching and promote self-reflection
- Play with partner and group activities for building community
- Explore restorative yoga and other practices of rest for young people in todays over-stimulating world
- Learn compassionate classroom management skills
The Little Flower Yoga training program is an inclusive, professional, caring, empowering experience with top-notch trainers who bring out the best in all its participants.