Mentorship is an essential part of your teacher training, and an opportunity for you to put what you have learned into context and practice teaching in a supportive and intentional way. Our online mentorship program is designed to fit into your life no matter where you are located, or what your schedule is like.
Join LFY Graduate Kelli Love, as she teaches the first 6 lessons of our curriculum at the school where she works full time as a yoga and mindfulness teacher, and hear her reflections on each class right after it’s taught. LFY founder Jennifer Cohen Harper offers an introduction video to each lesson, describing the objectives and some key considerations.
Here are the basics of participation:
1. You can sign up for this program at any point in your training, and can do it anywhere you have internet and access to children!
2. When you sign up, you’ll be creating a user name and password – hang on to them! (If you already have an account, make sure to log in before you purchase your mentorship). You will need them to log in to the learning resource center of our website, where you will be able to access everything you need for completion of this program.
3. The Learning Resource Center contains a curriculum link, and 6 videos of real classes, taught in a school setting. Each video comes with:
- short lecture content that expands on what you’ve learned in training and discusses putting it into action in context of the class
- a pdf of the lesson plan taught in the video
- a downloadable companion worksheet to the lesson plan
- a video reflection from the instructor on how the class went
4. You will watch the video and added content on your own timetable. Then you take the same lesson plan and teach it to a group of children in your community.
5. After teaching, you will submit feedback to LFY through an online feedback form. Your assigned mentor will review and respond to your feedback.
6. Twice during this process you will schedule a phone conversation with your mentor teacher, to discuss your experience, ask questions, and think through your next steps on your teaching path.
There is ample support available to you throughout the whole process both via email and phone. You can begin at any time, and while it is entirely up to you when and how to schedule it, we recommend taking about 6 weeks as an ideal timeline for retaining information and growing your skills.
*Please Note: Once you begin correspondence with your mentor teacher, you will have 6 months to complete your program. If you can not finish within the 6 month timeframe, you will need to start from the beginning subject to payment, which may be waived on a case by case basis in the event of an emergency.