Yoga and Mindfulness for Neurodiverse Children
With an exponential rise in children diagnosed with neurological, developmental, and learning challenges, strategies to support them in all facets of life have never been more needed. Yoga and mindfulness practices such as playful, focused activities can help children discover their inner power to regulate their nervous system, develop awareness of their bodies, manage their own behavior, and navigate their daily lives with greater function, joy, and connection.
In Yoga and Mindfulness for Neurodiverse Children, Allison Morgan of Zensational Kids in partnership with Little Flower Yoga will provide you with an understanding of how children may present common diagnoses such as autism, ADHD, and sensory processing disorder as well as how to use yoga and mindfulness tools to support their overall development and growth. You will learn how to lead engaging activities that respect each child’s individual cognitive, physical, emotional, social, and sensory capacity.
This training with bonus pre-recorded content is best suited for yoga and mindfulness instructors, special education teachers, and clinicians. However, all others who work with children are welcome to join, including parents and caregivers interested in supporting children with special needs. You’ll learn engaging and interactive yoga and mindfulness activities that will not only be fun in the moment, but will also have deep transformative power.
- Explore essential guidelines for sharing yoga and mindfulness with children who may be non-verbal, have delayed motor skills, and difficulty focusing.
- Learn how to encourage body awareness, self-regulation, and inner behavioral control.
- Understand how to appropriately choose activities to support sensory and motor development.
- Develop a plan for managing behavior that honors individual nervous system needs.
- Invite natural skill development and connection to self by integrating adapted breath, movement, mindfulness, and relaxation.
- Delve into neuroscience and developmental research along with best practices for working with this special population.
*This course meets 6 hours of requirements for LFY Certification.
Meet Your Trainer:
Allison Morgan MA, OTR, E-RYT is a pediatric occupational therapist, and registered Yoga Alliance teacher working with children of all abilities for over 25 years in hospital, school, and home settings. As the director of Zensational Kids, LLC, Allison has developed innovative programs for schools, guiding them in the sustainable integration of evidence-based, yoga and mindfulness into classrooms. She has been dedicated to supporting overall the well-being for entire school communities and developing strategies for easeful learning and the cultivation of life skills.Read More
Start anytime, and learn from home at a pace that works for you. It will take approximately 8 hours to complete the content. You will have access for one year.