- This event has passed.
The Developing Child: Communication, Compassion and Creativity (Level 2)
In this training, you will build on the foundation established in Level 1 to deepen and enhance your teaching.
This Level 2 training is part of our certification program. To become a Certified Little Flower Yoga Teacher, you’ll need to complete the following requirements: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Trauma-Informed Training, Chair Yoga, Mentorship, and reading and writing assignments. LEARN MORE
Through discussion, lectures, and practice teaching, we will continue to explore the physical, emotional, and social aspects of youth development and refine our skills in teaching various stages and ages. We will also spend time on classroom and behavior management, with a focus on how to handle challenging behavior mindfully and effectively.
- Learn mindfulness and meditation practices that enhance students’ capacity for emotional self-regulation, focus, and good decision making
- Discuss behavior management strategies that support relationship building and engaged learning
- Explore and practice compassionate communication strategies
- Learn how to use art and journaling to enhance your teaching and promote self-reflection
- Play with partner and group activities for building community
- Identify compassionate classroom management skills
Bonus: The training includes a free webinar called Introduction to the Connect Element of Little Flower Yoga. This 90-minute webinar should be completed before the in-person training.
The Little Flower Yoga training program is an inclusive, professional, caring, empowering experience with top-notch trainers who bring out the best in all its participants. —Anonymous
Meet Your Trainer:
Abigail is a certified yoga instructor and lead teacher for LFY. She is a certified Empowerment workshop trainer, has additional training in breath, anatomy and movement with Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, and has studied with Mindful Schools. Her true passion is to empower children and to support parents in empowering their children. Abby has many years of experience in working with typically developing children, as well as children who have special needs. She is also featured in GoNoodle’s Empower Tools videos.Read More