The Developing Child: Communication, Compassion and Creativity (Level 2)
In this training, you will build on the foundation established in Level 1 to deepen and enhance your teaching.
This Level 2 training is part of our certification program. To become a Certified Little Flower Yoga Teacher, you’ll need to complete the following requirements: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 (in-person), and Trauma-Informed Training, Chair Yoga, Supporting Special Needs, Curriculum Development, and Mentorship (online). LEARN MORE
Through discussion, lectures, and practice teaching, we will continue to explore the physical, emotional, and social aspects of youth development and refine our skills in teaching various stages and ages. We will also spend time on classroom and behavior management, with a focus on how to handle challenging behavior mindfully and effectively.
- Learn mindfulness and meditation practices that enhance students’ capacity for emotional self-regulation, focus, and good decision making
- Discuss behavior management strategies that support relationship building and engaged learning
- Explore and practice compassionate communication strategies
- Learn how to use art and journaling to enhance your teaching and promote self-reflection
- Play with partner and group activities for building community
- Identify compassionate classroom management skills
BONUS: This training includes a free webinar called Introduction to the Connect Element of Little Flower Yoga. This 90-minute webinar should be completed before the in-person training.
LFY makes every effort to hold each workshop scheduled, however all trainings are subject to cancellation based on unmet minimum enrollment or unforeseen emergencies. Enrollment will be evaluated three weeks prior to training, and In the unlikely event of unmet minimum all participants will be notified right away. In the event of cancellation payment will be refunded in full.
Meet Your Trainer:
Crystal is a former elementary school teacher and has taught yoga and mindfulness since 2007. Crystal supports organizations, individuals and groups through professional development workshops, trainings, yoga classes and lovingly curated yoga and wellness retreats. Her teaching features embodied healing modalities including: yoga, mindfulness, restorative yoga, discussion, reflection, ritual, and also emphasizes the importance of self-care and sustainability as the gateway to social justice and community healing in the world.Read More