- This event has passed.
Teaching Movement to Children: A Trauma Informed Asana Lab (Livestream 4/29. Self Paced Option)
- 5 hours of self-paced content (opens 4/21)
- 6 hour interactive livestream (4/29)*
- Office hours for Q&A (5/5)
*This livestream will be an engaging and interactive experience that will maximize your learning, however if you can’t attend all or part of the livestream, you will have access to a self paced version of the content.
- Physical development considerations and how to teach yoga postures to ensure safety as children are growing and developing.
- How to cultivate challenging experiences in your classes that help your students learn about patience, perseverance, and persistence.
- How to pace the movement portions of your yoga classes for children and teens to work with the energy of your students in the moment.
- How to cue for clarity, in ways that invite students to have a truly embodied experience.
- How to offer options and variations in ways that reduce pose hierarchy, and invite students to reflect on their needs, rather than push them to the seemingly most “advanced” version of a posture.
Meet Your Trainer:
Mayuri Gonzalez, LFY’s School Yoga Project Director, is a nationally recognized presenter, trainer and instructor in mindfulness and children’s yoga with over 25 years of practice. In her role with LFY, Mayuri trains and mentors teachers, counselors and school support staff. She is a contributing author to Best Practices for Yoga in Schools, and a presenter for PESI, offering continuing education to educators and health care providers.Read More