Social and Emotional Learning Through Yoga & Mindfulness (Level 2)
Online Training with Community and Support This is a six week cohort based online course, which you will move through with guidance, the ability to get your questions answered, interaction with fellow students, time to practice teach together, bi-weekly livestreams, and office hours for additional support. Access to online content will open on March 25, 2024.
In this training, you will build on the foundation established in Level 1 to deepen and enhance your teaching.
Through discussion, lectures, collaborative assignments and practice teaching, we will continue to explore the physical, emotional, and social aspects of youth development and refine our skills in teaching various stages and ages. We will also spend time on classroom and behavior management, with a focus on how to handle challenging behavior mindfully and effectively.
- Learn mindfulness and meditation practices that enhance students’ capacity for emotional regulation, focus, and good decision making
- Discuss behavior management strategies that support relationship building and engaged learning
- Explore and practice compassionate communication strategies
- Learn how to use art and journaling to enhance your teaching and promote self-reflection
- Play with partner and group activities for building community
- Explore restorative yoga and other practices of rest for young people in todays over-stimulating world
- Learn compassionate classroom management skills
This course is part of the LFY Certification Program. If you have questions about your eligibility to participate please email us at email@example.com
Little Flower Yoga (LFY) is a Registered Children’s Yoga School, which means that completion of our certification qualifies participants to register with Yoga Alliance as an RCYT, subject to additional YA requirements. Registration with Yoga Alliance is subject entirely to their policies, and requires having an additional 200 hour teacher training. We suggest reviewing their requirements directly as they may be subject to change. Those not interested in Yoga Alliance registration are still eligible for Little Flower Yoga Certification. This workshop is also eligible for 18 YA CE hours
Graduate Level Credits:
LFY certification offers six post-baccalaureate, graded, graduate-level semester credits, provided directly through the University of the Pacific. They are specifically designed to meet the needs of Educators for Salary Advancement and Recertification.
- 3/26 8pm-9pm ET
- 4/9 8pm-9pm ET
- 4/23 8pm-9pm ET
Mar 25, 2024 - May 5, 2024
Livestream meetings take place on the following dates.
You can expect an average of 3 hours per week of coursework.