- This event has passed.
Social and Emotional Learning Through Yoga & Mindfulness (Level 2)
This Level 2 training is part of our certification program. To become a Certified Little Flower Yoga Teacher, you’ll need to complete the following requirements: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Trauma-Informed Teaching, Chair Yoga for Children, Supporting Neurodiverse Children, Teaching Practicum, and Mentorship (online). Register for full certification and save with Bundle Pricing.
In this training, you will build on the foundation established in Level 1 to deepen and enhance your teaching.
Through discussion, lectures, and practice teaching, we will continue to explore the physical, emotional, and social aspects of youth development and refine our skills in teaching various stages and ages. We will also spend time on classroom and behavior management, with a focus on how to handle challenging behavior mindfully and effectively.
- Learn mindfulness and meditation practices that enhance students’ capacity for emotional self-regulation, focus, and good decision making
- Discuss behavior management strategies that support relationship building and engaged learning
- Explore and practice compassionate communication strategies
- Learn how to use art and journaling to enhance your teaching and promote self-reflection
- Play with partner and group activities for building community
- Identify compassionate classroom management skills
Meet Your Trainers:
Jennifer Cohen Harper
LFY Founder Jennifer Cohen Harper is an educator, author, public speaker and mother, who works to support all children and teens in the development of strong inner resources through the tools of yoga and mindfulness. Her goal is to help kids, and those who care for them, thrive in the world regardless of circumstances, and navigate the many challenges they face with a sense of personal power and self-awareness.Read More
Mayuri Gonzalez, LFY’s School Yoga Project Director, is a nationally recognized presenter, trainer and instructor in mindfulness and children’s yoga with over 25 years of practice. In her role with LFY, Mayuri trains and mentors teachers, counselors and school support staff. She is a contributing author to Best Practices for Yoga in Schools, and a presenter for PESI, offering continuing education to educators and health care providers.Read More
Mar 1 - 29, 2023