- This event has passed.
LFY Teacher Training: Helping Children + Teens Thrive (Part One)
This three day training intensive provides participants with the fundamental understanding and tools needed to teach a well rounded class deliberately combining yoga and mindfulness in ways that are accessible, engaging and safe for children.
Time is spent introducing participants to the framework of Connect, Breathe, Move, Focus and Relax that all LFY classes are based on. Practice teaching is emphasized.
Classroom and behavior management strategies that support relationship building and engaged learning are discussed, as are compassionate communication strategies for working with students.
- Understanding the brain-body-nervous system relationship and how yoga and mindfulness support integration and function
- Making yoga poses accessible, safe and engaging
- Teaching mindfulness & meditation
- Breathwork for children
- Compassionate classroom management skills
- Creating physically and emotionally safe space for learning
- Working with schools, community centers and yoga studios
- Creating lesson plans
- The ethics of teaching yoga to children
Friday, Feb 15, 2019: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, Feb 16, 2019: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, Feb 17, 2019: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
This course may be taken as a stand alone workshop, or combined with Part Two to complete the live requirements for LFY Certification
Meet Your Trainer:
Mayuri Gonzalez, LFY’s School Yoga Project Director, is a nationally recognized presenter, trainer and instructor in mindfulness and children’s yoga with over 25 years of practice. In her role with LFY, Mayuri trains and mentors teachers, counselors and school support staff. She is a contributing author to Best Practices for Yoga in Schools, and a presenter for PESI, offering continuing education to educators and health care providers.Read More