- This event has passed.
Navigating Anxiety: Meeting Stress with Inner Strength
Do you work (or live) with children whose anxiety is overwhelming them? Who shy away from participating in new activities or taking on challenges because they are afraid to fail? Do you worry about your kids choosing harmful coping mechanisms as they struggle with the stress of their lives?
When children can’t cope, challenges become stressors, and anxiety replaces anticipation. Our kids can’t enjoy childhood to the fullest, their learning suffers, and their long-term resilience is compromised.
Children often get the message that their anxiety is something to get rid of or push away, but like all emotions our anxiety has a job to do. We can teach our children to better understand their own experience, and find effective ways to meet their needs and engage with their lives from a place of personal power and agency.
In this interactive online course, taught in 3 parts, we’ll explore embodied and effective ways to help prepare children for anxiety producing situations, navigate stress, reduce overwhelm and reactivity, and harness their capacity for self-compassion.
You’ll walk away with a new framework for relating to anxiety, along with concrete, practices to help your clients and students learn to access their inner resources, calm their anxiety, transform their relationship to stress, and thrive even when life is challenging.
- Consider the impact of family, school, media and global events on children as it relates to anxiety and treatment options
- Identify various forms of anxiety, and learn to use anxiety as an information gathering tool
- Build children’s 135capacity to identify rising anxiety before it becomes overwhelming or debilitating
- Learn to manage escalating emotions and intrusive thoughts with embodied practices
- Develop differentiated strategies to address anxiety rooted in building self-awareness, capacity and confidence.
- Enhance resilience through personal and partner based practices
Meet Your Trainer:
Jennifer Cohen Harper
LFY Founder Jennifer Cohen Harper is an educator, author, public speaker and mother, who works to support all children and teens in the development of strong inner resources through the tools of yoga and mindfulness. Her goal is to help kids, and those who care for them, thrive in the world regardless of circumstances, and navigate the many challenges they face with a sense of personal power and self-awareness.Read More
March 21, 2019
March 28, 2019
April 4, 2019
This online course takes place over three Thursday evenings from 7:30-9:30pm EST.
This is an interactive format where participants will be able to ask questions.
If you cannot join live, not to worry. All participants will have access to the recorded version of the course and all materials.
- Online Learning
- Join us for online learning opportunities including self-paced and live-stream interactive trainings, workshops and webinars.
Learn from your own home, at the pace that is right for you!
Yoga and Mindfulness for Neurodiverse Children
Teacher: Allison Morgan
Teaching Chair Yoga to Children
Teacher: Mayuri Gonzalez
Teaching Trauma-Informed Yoga for Children
Teacher: Jennifer Cohen Harper
Navigating Anxiety in Children: Meeting Stress with Inner Strength
Teacher: Jennifer Cohen Harper