- This event has passed.
Mindful Classrooms: Weaving Mindfulness and Yoga into the Busy School Day
New curriculum initiatives, increasing class size and rigorous standards: classroom teachers balance numerous responsibilities. In the midst of multiple teaching demands, how can we bring mindfulness and yoga to ourselves and our students? And how can we do this in ways that are accessible, engaging and easy-to-implement?
This workshop will explore mindfulness-based practices that can be integrated into our busy classroom days in ways that give us MORE time and that support our students in finding greater calm, focus, self-awareness and connection.
1. Utilize pausing and pacing to settle your classroom.
2. Understand the impact of teacher presence as a teaching tool.
3. Learn simple mindfulness and yoga activities for the classroom.
4. Understand ways of supporting self-awareness and responsible decision making.
5. Utilize small moments and mindful transitions.
6. Come away with list of resources for learning more.