- This event has passed.
LFY Training: Helping Children + Teens Thrive (Lev 1-3 Intensive)
Join our leadership team at the Art of Living Retreat Center for a powerful week long training immersion. Combines Level One-Three of the LFY certification program for a deeply connected and empowering experience, rich with opportunities for self-inquiry and personal practice.
You can take this course as a stand-alone experience, and head home with the tools you need to bring this work into the world, or use it to complete your in-person requirements for LFY Certification.
What You’ll Learn
Through an innovative combination of in-person and online workshops, as well as one-on-one mentorship (optional), you will:
- Gain a greater understanding of the relationship between the brain, the nervous system, and the body
- Discover how yoga and mindfulness can support effective integration and function
- Learn a clear, structured framework, based on our five element methodology, that will allow you to teach an integrated experience of yoga and mindfulness in any setting
- Explore the challenges of teaching in school environments, studios, and community spaces
- Get practical information about how to set up new classes and navigate relationships with schools
- Learn compassionate behavior management skills
- Gain insight into teaching diverse populations, with a focus on teaching in schools and community spaces
- Learn to teach from a trauma-sensitive perspective
- Start or deepen your own yoga and mindfulness practice
- Receive ongoing support as you build your career
This course includes access to 3 hours of webinar content pre-retreat and 10 hours of webinar content post-retreat, including a 6-hour course exploring sharing yoga and mindfulness with children with special needs taught by occupational therapist Allison Morgan.
You will return home with a deeper understanding of child development, the capacity and confidence to create lesson plans that meet children’s needs, and the knowledge to teach in a safe, engaging, and compassionate way.
Scholarship Info: Scholarships are available via AOLRC. Those interested in scholarship support please call: 800-392-6870.
Meet Your Trainers:
Jennifer Cohen Harper
LFY Founder Jennifer Cohen Harper is an educator, author, public speaker and mother, who works to support all children and teens in the development of strong inner resources through the tools of yoga and mindfulness. Her goal is to help kids, and those who care for them, thrive in the world regardless of circumstances, and navigate the many challenges they face with a sense of personal power and self-awareness.Read More
Mayuri Gonzalez, LFY’s School Yoga Project Director, is a nationally recognized presenter, trainer and instructor in mindfulness and children’s yoga with over 25 years of practice. In her role with LFY, Mayuri trains and mentors teachers, counselors and school support staff. She is a contributing author to Best Practices for Yoga in Schools, and a presenter for PESI, offering continuing education to educators and health care providers.Read More
Argos Gonzalez, LFY Director of Professional Development, has 14 years experience teaching High School in the Bronx, and teaches pre-service teachers at Hunter College School of Education. Argos is a trusted expert with a foot in both the yoga + mindfulness and education worlds. His deep passion for empowering children and adolescents, and supporting other education professionals to do the same, is clearly evident in all aspects of his work.Read More