LFY Teacher Training: Helping Children + Teens Thrive (Part Two)
Part 2 of our certification training offers you the tools you need to effectively teach from your own authentic presence. We recommend completing Part 1 of this program prior to attending this course.
Through discussion, lectures, and practice teaching, we will explore the physical, emotional, and social aspects of youth development and refine our skills in teaching various stages and ages. We’ll explore how to work with adolescents and navigate the challenges of students who resist engagement. You’ll learn the fundamentals of curriculum development, and explore more about tailoring your teaching to the needs of your students.
With lots of time for practice teaching, feedback, and questions, we’ll also look more in-depth at the relax element of our methodology, exploring restorative yoga and other practices of rest for young people in todays over-stimulating world.
You will learn:
- Stages of youth development through the teen years
- Compassionate communication strategies
- How to use art and journaling to enhance your teaching and promote self-reflection
- Partner and group activities for building community and relationship skills
- Restorative yoga practices for children and teens
- Introduction to curriculum development
- How to teach from your personal practice
- Introduction to yoga for children with special needs
- Understanding and navigating resistance
- How to work with parents and caregivers
- Effective ways to partner with schools and sites in order to understand and meet the needs of students, teachers and administrators
BONUS: Enrollment in the LFY Part 2 training includes a webinar taught by Jennifer Cohen Harper titled An Exploration of Secularism When Teaching Yoga & Mindfulness in Public Schools, with guest Catherine Cook-Cottone.
***Please note, Part 1 and 2 in this location are offered as extended three day courses, and cover all of the material typically taught in Level 1-3 of the LFY training program, and meet your full in-person requirements for LFY Certification.
LFY makes every effort to hold each workshop scheduled, however all trainings are subject to cancellation based on unmet minimum enrollment or unforeseen emergencies. Enrollment will be evaluated three weeks prior to training, and in the unlikely event of unmet minimum all participants will be notified right away. In the event of cancellation payment will be refunded in full.
Meet Your Trainer:
Abigail is a certified yoga instructor and lead teacher for LFY. She is a certified Empowerment workshop trainer, has additional training in breath, anatomy and movement with Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, and has studied with Mindful Schools. Her true passion is to empower children and to support parents in empowering their children. Abby has many years of experience in working with typically developing children, as well as children who have special needs. She is also featured in GoNoodle’s Empower Tools videos.Read More
Teacher: Jennifer Cohen Harper