LFY Teacher Training: Helping Children + Teens Thrive (Part One)
This powerful training provides you with the understanding and tools you need to teach a well-rounded yoga and mindfulness class to children and teens ages 3 to 18.
We begin with an in-depth look at how the relationship between the brain, the body, and the nervous system affects child development. Then we explore the 5 Element framework of the Little Flower Yoga approach—connect, breathe, move, focus and relax—and learn how to create developmentally appropriate lesson plans using this structure.
We will also spend time on classroom and behavior management, with a focus on how to handle challenging behavior mindfully and effectively.
Guided by an experienced Little Flower Yoga Teacher who is actively teaching in schools, you will also learn:
- How to make yoga poses accessible, safe, and engaging
- Techniques for teaching breathwork to children
- Mindfulness and meditation practices that enhance students’ capacity for emotional self-regulation, focus, and good decision making
- Behavior management strategies that support relationship building and engaged learning
- Successful strategies for working with schools
- How to adapt lessons for different ages and abilities
- Personal mindfulness and meditation practices
- Guiding principles for teaching classes based on a compassionate understanding of students’ needs
- Tools to create a physically and emotionally safe space for learning
- The ethics of teaching yoga to children
This training also includes two 90 minute webinars, which should be completed before the in-person training.
- Introduction to Little Flower Yoga and the Five Elements, taught by LFY founder Jennifer Cohen Harper
- Building Connection with the Self and Others, taught by School Yoga Project director Mayuri Gonzalez.
This course may be taken as a stand alone training, or combined with Part Two to complete the live requirements for LFY Certification
LFY makes every effort to hold each workshop scheduled, however all trainings are subject to cancellation based on unmet minimum enrollment or unforeseen emergencies. Enrollment will be evaluated three weeks prior to training, and In the unlikely event of unmet minimum all participants will be notified right away. In the event of cancellation payment will be refunded in full.
Meet Your Trainer:
Mayuri Gonzalez, LFY’s School Yoga Project Director, is a nationally recognized presenter, trainer and instructor in mindfulness and children’s yoga with over 25 years of practice. In her role with LFY, Mayuri trains and mentors teachers, counselors and school support staff. She is a contributing author to Best Practices for Yoga in Schools, and a presenter for PESI, offering continuing education to educators and health care providers.Read More
- Early Bird Tuition:
Early Bird Pricing Ends: 11/06/2020
Feb 7 - 9, 2020
Friday, Feb 7, 2020: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, Feb 8 , 2020: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, Feb 9, 2020: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Teacher: Abigail Wilber
Teacher: Abigail Wilber