Foundations of Children's Yoga and Mindfulness (Level 1)
Online with Support! Join our Winter Training Cohort to move through this workshop with guidance, the ability to get your questions answered, interaction with fellow students, and access to office hours. Access to online content will begin January 9, 2023, and will kick off with an orientation livestream.
This Level 1 training can be taken as a stand alone course, and is also part of our certification program. To become a Certified Little Flower Yoga Teacher, you’ll need to complete the following requirements: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Trauma-Informed Teaching, Chair Yoga for Children, Supporting Neurodiverse Children, Teaching Practicum, and Mentorship (online). Register for full certification and save with Bundle Pricing.
LEARN HOW TO HELP BUILD RESILIENCE IN THE NEXT GENERATION
Kids need healthy skills to help them thrive in the world and navigate the many challenges they face. Yoga and mindfulness practices give them practical ways to increase their self-awareness, access their innate resilience, and find their personal power—all while having fun! This training provides you with the understanding and tools you need to share yoga and mindfulness with children and teens in a playful, effective way that is also trauma-informed.
You’ll begin with an in-depth exploration of how the relationship between the brain, the body, and the nervous system affects child development. Then you’ll dive into the 5 Element framework of the Little Flower Yoga approach—connect, breathe, move, focus, and relax—and explore a wide range of practices that you can immediately implement with the kids in your life.
You‘ll complete this course with a deeper understanding of child development; the capacity and confidence to create lessons that meet children’s needs; and the skills to teach in a safe, engaging, and compassionate way.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
People from diverse backgrounds and experiences participate in this training, including classroom teachers, yoga instructors, mental healthcare providers, occupational therapists, caregivers, and more. The main thing they share is a desire to give kids tools to embrace joy and build resilience, regardless of their circumstances.
You do not need to be a yoga teacher or an advanced practitioner to participate in this training, but we recommend you have some basic yoga experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Through a combination of engaging lectures, practice videos, reflection, and journaling work, you will:
- Learn a clear, structured framework that will allow you to easily teach an integrated experience of yoga and mindfulness to kids in any setting, including schools, yoga studios, community spaces, and homes.
- Gain tools to create a physically and emotionally safer space for learning.
- Explore how to make yoga poses accessible, safe, and engaging.
- Learn techniques for teaching developmentally appropriate breathwork and mindfulness to children.
- Gain a greater understanding of how yoga can support the healthy development of the brain, body, and nervous system.
- Learn mindfulness-based classroom management strategies so you can navigate difficult behaviors skillfully and effectively.
- Learn to teach from a trauma-informed perspective.
- Deepen your own yoga and mindfulness practice.
Meet Your Trainer:
Jennifer Cohen Harper
LFY Founder Jennifer Cohen Harper is an educator, author, public speaker and mother, who works to support all children and teens in the development of strong inner resources through the tools of yoga and mindfulness. Her goal is to help kids, and those who care for them, thrive in the world regardless of circumstances, and navigate the many challenges they face with a sense of personal power and self-awareness.Read More
- You’re in the right place if you’d like to participate in our guided course with an interactive community and cohort.
- Begin anytime with our self-paced course at Yoga International
- We will begin with a live-stream orientation on Sept 18th at 12PM EST.
- After orientation you’ll gain access to your self-paced content, released weekly for four weeks.
- You’ll have access to faculty office hours, and a private discussion forum to support your progress and answer questions.
- We’ll close with a livestream Q&A.
Sep 18, 2023 - Oct 22, 2023
There are 2 ways to participate in LFY Level 1 Online Training.
This Guided Level 1 course is a part of our Fall Training Cohort. You will be supported by our faculty, and invited to interact with other participants.
Yoga and Mindfulness for Neurodiverse Children
Teacher: Allison Morgan
Teaching Chair Yoga to Children
Teacher: Mayuri Gonzalez
Teaching Trauma-Informed Yoga for Children
Teacher: Jennifer Cohen Harper
LFY Certification Fall 2023 Cohort
Teacher: Jennifer Cohen Harper, Mayuri Gonzalez, Argos Gonzalez
Social and Emotional Learning Through Yoga & Mindfulness (Level 2)
Teacher: Jennifer Cohen Harper, Mayuri Gonzalez
Advanced Teaching Practices and Implementation Strategies (Level 3)
Teacher: Mayuri Gonzalez, Argos Gonzalez